Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mr Rodgers' Neighborhood

It is midway through the season of spring 2009. my scooter (*Proud Mary-Jane Scoot) and I have yet to find the time to do a full tour of the trail and brainstorm my film plans. There are rumors that the newly formed Power Mobility club will soon become ambassadors of Prince George (*British Columbia) trails, ensuring nature is accessible for everyone. Our President assures us that we will be presented something declaring this by the new mayor, the Honorable Dan Rodgers... Yes folks- Welcome to "Mr Rodgers Neighborhood" (&^*%!# someone just stole my sneakers)!

I am now a member of the Prince George Accessibility Advisory Committee (PGAAC). I have been since February 2009 when I received my appointment. The committee advises city council on maters of accessible construction in new developments and tries to ensure accessibility in all the city's existing public areas. I belong to the Housing, Communication and Infrastructure sub-committees. Sub-committees advise the Committee on developments in various elements of the of PGAAC's mission; to remove physical and social barriers which impede the full participation of persons with disabilities in all aspects of community life.

Stay tuned as we enter Summer 2009 and bear witness to a new era of the history of Prince George's Heritage Trail, a combined Prince George Power Mobility, City of Prince George and PG Walk-N-Roll project!

No comments: